Monday, July 6, 2009

Dance Camp

Last week I was an instructor at Elite Performance Dance Camp, the camp that my sister in law Emily started with her business partner 5 years ago. John's parents flew in from Chicago to watch Emilio and Gabriela so that I could take Luci and stay at the camp up in Bellevue for the week. Thank you John & Sharon! Although, I was working hard all week (my sore muscles are proof!), it was such a nice change from my normal "Mommy" routine. This summer I taught a Show Routine with props, the Advanced kick line, gave a presentation at the leadership portion of camp, and taught two ballet technique classes. I love dancing and teaching, so I had a lot of fun. One of the biggest highlights of the session was a master class with hip hop instructor Shane Sparks, from America's Best Dance Crew and So You Think You Can Dance. He was a great teacher and taught us all a fun routine. He also signed autographs for all the campers, and some of us instructors too (okay, me....and a few others) for over an hour. It was a blast to learn from him. Overall it was a very fun week, and Luci was a dream for me which made it even better..
Luci napping in my hotel bed.
Me, Emily, Stacey and Amanda
Emily watched Luci for me while was teaching kickline one evening. Poor Luci got tired.
Some campers waiting for their Shane Sparks autograph.
A goofy picture of me with Shane and Luci too....I was all sweaty after taking his class thus the shiny forehead. :)
Me, Emmy and Stac on Formal Dinner Night

Luciana all dressed up for the formal dinner
Our 9 camp interns, they were so helpful to us instructors

Grandpa and Grandma brought the kids for the final day performance. It was so great seeing them.....I missed them so much.

Grandma and Luci

2 comments:

Amber said...

How fun, Christina! Sounds like you guys had a blast and got a nice workout for a couple of days too=) What a cutie-patootie Luci is all dressed up and ready for a night out with the girls!

Rach Fairchild said...

What fun! I bet you were in heaven just dancing all week. I am sure you missed the kiddos though. They will be happy to have you back! Glad you had a good time & thanks for sharing the pics!