I went to the Dr's this morning for what I hoped was the last time before I have the baby. I have been having fairly regular contractions all week long, especially in the evenings, and other symptoms that lead me to believe my body is preparing for labor/delivery soon. To say I was discouraged at the Dr's though is a bit of an understatement, as I really hadn't progressed from the last two weeks. I know that dilation and effacement aren't an end all or even a set in stone determination of when a baby will come (just a point of reference really), but it was still frustrating all the same to have really not made changes. I guess my body doesn't like to gear up much for labor/delivery. With Emilio I went into the hospital at 2 cents. The only reason they kept me was because his heart rate was dipping. He was born after 30 arduous hours of labor. With Gabi, my water broke and I went in only being a 2 as well. They allowed me to try and labor through the night, but by morning I was only at a 3, so they started Pitocin and she was born 2 hours later.
I'm still holding out that I'll go into labor naturally in the next few days.
My Dr. is working both Saturday and Sunday, so either one of those would be fine too. If not, I'll be going back in next Tuesday (one of my two due dates, tomorrow is the ultrasound due date) and get a stress test done on the baby and get checked again. If I haven't had the baby by Wednesday morning, then an induction is scheduled. I really don't want to have to go on Pitocin, but I know that I was able to handle it with Gabi, and hope it would speed things up again for this one. We shall see. I'll keep everyone posted. In the meantime, I appreciate every one's prayers.
I found some t-shirts that may be suitable for me in these last few days. Here's a looksie, some are teetering on rude, but funny all the same.
Check out this one or maybe this one (I've had a lot of these from people this time around). This one might be good, or how about this one? I guess I'll hold out and save the money, but they did give me a laugh.
1 comment:
BAby will be here soon, enjoy these last few days of being pregnant...if that is possible, I know I was done at 8 months. But you will be looking back at being pregnant before you know it. Praying that all goes well over the next few days!
Post a Comment