Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Alarm Clock Success??? and other updates

So, just updating on the alarm clock post last week. Not sure yet if it really is a success or not? Saturday morning Emilio was still getting up too early. I told him that if he couldn't obey the alarm clock rule that we'd just take it back to the store. He responded with, "Fine, just take it back, it doesn't work anyway." Well, well, well.
Since then we haven't had a problem though, and here's why....daylight savings! Usually I'm not a big fan of losing an hour, but this time around, it does seem to trick the kids into sleeping longer (probably since it is still dark outside in the mornings now too). Anyway, they've both been waking up around 7:30 lately, which is just FINE with me. :) We'll see how long it lasts, right?

As far as other updates go,
We are just thankful for each day that John has a job. His law firm in Seattle and New York have made some lay offs and the work has been slow. We have confidance in our Lord though that He'll take care of us no matter the circumstances that come our way.

Our little one could arrive anytime since I'm 38 weeks along now. Since we didn't find out the sex of our baby, it makes his/her impending arrival all the more exciting these last few days/weeks.

I had a bought of food poisoning or a bug over the weekend and early part of this week. Not fun at all, especially when you feel like porky pig.

We've had snow this week which has been kind of wierd. I think most people are getting ready for spring to get here. We have daffodils and tulips coming up in our yard and they just don't look quite right buried under snow and ice.

John has Spring Break next week, so we are looking forward to having him home in the evenings after work! It really will be such a novelty, and so nice to enjoy being a family of 4 before #5 arrives.

Leaving you with a few pix of my kooky kiddos dressing up this week. Emilio said I needed to put them on the "log." He meant BLOG of course!

Gabi as a Princess Piggy (of course) and Emilio as Batman

The kids love to dress up. Gabi has several princess outfits she's been given for b-days and Christmas, but Emilio only has his old Halloween Spidy and Batman costumes, and a few things we've pieces together to make a pirate. He makes do, but wishes we had more boy options.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Cute pictures of Emilio and Gabi! Can't wait to check your blog and find information about Tolomei #3!!!! Anytime now I suppose...I'll be praying for you. Have a great rest of the week=0)

Debby GW said...

With Daniel having 2 older sisters we have many dress up pictures of him as a girl, painted fingernails and all.

I'll praying for you in these few weeks of waiting! Just as a warning Daniel was 2 weeks late! And that was after me being on partial bed rest from 6 1/2 months (started effacing) until 8 months. The last months I was 90% + effaced and starting to dialate - woke up depressed the last few weeks because I had hoped to go into labor during the night. Amazing to think that was 20 years ago!