This morning I did my grocery shopping with Gabi while Emilio was in preschool. I usually go to Winco every other week to shop for two weeks worth of groceries. I supplemant in between at Safeway when we are out of milk, and other basic items. Now, Winco is not close by and it isn't the classiest of grocery stores (I'd LOVE a Trader Joe's close by, but the closest is at least 35 mins away), but it has the best prices. I save so much going there and navigating the huge, BUSY store and packing up all the groceries myself (and that's a workout these days). Anyway, I got through the line, packed up the majority of my groceries (sweaty at this point I may add) and when the cashier rung up my items and announced the outcome, I started searching through my purse. I dug down deep and then had a sinking feeling when I realized I did not have my wallet!!! I had left it in the swimming bag from the night before at Emilio's lesson. Uggghhh! Thankfully the store printed out my receipt and said they'd hold my cart in thier fridge until I could return. I felt like such a frazzle brain! It wouldn't be so bad, but I did the exact same thing last week when I went out with my girlfriend's for dinner....forgetting the wallet in the swimming bag again, forcing a friend to cover my dinner (I did pay her back by the way). Thanks Tina! Ugggh, someone's head is not in the game these days. . .MINE!
I ended up heading home, making up sack lunches (to eat on our way to the grocery store), picking up Emilio from preschool and then returned to the grocery store to pick up my items. It all worked out in the end.
Today's frustrations reminded me of a Shel Silverstein poem (we've been reading a lot of these lately as my kids love them). Loser
Mama said I'd lose my head
If it wasn't fastened on.
Today I guess it wasn't
'Cause while playing with my cousin
It fell off and rolled away
And now its gone.
And I can't look for it
'Cause my eyes are in it,
And I can't call to it
'Cause my mouth is on it
(Couldn't hear me anyway
'Cause my ears are on it),
Can't even think about it
'Cause my brain is in it.
So I guess I'll sit down
On this rock
And rest for just a minute…
(you can guess that the illustration to this poem shows a headless man sitting on a rock that looks strikingly like a head!).
2 comments:
Oh, bless your heart, Christina! What a day! Thanks for sharing the poem too...cute. Hope your week gets better and your spontaneous day was a good one!
So glad I am not the only mom who feels frazzled. You have got so much on your mind these last days as you await your newest bundle of joy. PS hope the alarm clocks work, great idea!
Post a Comment