Friday, May 2, 2008

Wiggle Worship

Last Friday we went to church for Wiggle Worship. The 2's and 3's classes performed songs and then there was a Family Fun night with bouncy houses and treats afterwards. Emilio was up the night before worrying about the performance and telling me that he was too embarassed to sing, but that he wanted to go on the bouncy houses afterwards and eat a hotdog. I told him he wouldn't get to do those fun things without performing (what a mean mom right?).

We got him dressed up in a plaid shirt and jeans with a bandana around his neck (he was supposed to wear Western gear, the theme I guess). He decided to forego the bandana because he was worried the other kids really weren't going to dress up. The whole car ride over to the church he talked about how he was nervous. I reminded him that he would be singing with all his classmates and teachers, not doing a solo.

Once the children started walking on stage we could tell Emilio was reluctant to go....one of the helpers had to practically drag him on and stay by his side the whole time. He got excited when he saw his Daddy and very quietly sang the first song. He saw Gabi and I in the audience before the second song and gave us a big smile and then gave his notorious pouty face, but he joined in once they started, "My God is so great." He did a nice job, no yelling, screaming, growling at others. I was impressed and proud of him for doing it despite his feelings of embarrasment. I knew he could do it since he's a kid who loves to be the center of attention when it is his idea! I asked him how he thought things went afterwards and he said, "I didn't like being a cowboy." He did enjoy the bouncy houses, hotdogs, chips, juice and popcorn afterwards though! So did Gabi!

I have a video of the performance, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get that on here yet. I'll take some tips if fellow blogger friends have them on that!






2 comments:

Rach Fairchild said...

Cute new pictures! They are getting so big! It sounds like a fun worship service how fun!!!

Kelli said...

Cute pictures they are so big! I was just going to let you know that I just figured out how to download a video. I found it easiest to upload it to Youtube and then take the link and paste it to your blog post. It seemed to work. www.oligracemiabelle.blogspot.com
I figured this out when I saw other people's blogs and their videos were from Youtube. Hope that works! Happy Birthday Gabbi!!!