Monday, May 26, 2008

Full Weekend

Last Thursday the kids and I went down to Portland. We spent the day at my mom and dads while the kids played with all their built in buddies (my mom's day care kids) and Nana's piles of toys. Gabi had also brought all of her dress up clothes that she had received for her birthday for the kids to play with. We got lots of great shots of them as princesses and super heros.

Esabella and Emilio pretended to get married, they sure are cute friends.

Gabi and Mitchell had a fondness for eachother too!
That evening my mom and I went to a yoga class together that was actually very enjoyable and the kids made smores on the back porch with my dad.


Delicious!
On Friday I received a call from my friend Diane from Chicago. She was in Beaverton visiting her family and invited me to come out. It was so great to see her again as it has been a year since we moved. It was such a treat to catch up with her.

That evening we went to our dear friend Laurie's house to prepare for the baby shower we were throwing the next day for my good friend Julia (whom I've known since the first grade I may add). My parents went out of town for the weekend, so the kids and I stayed the night at Laurie's. Laurie, Jenny (her daughter and my good friend) and I had fun preparing fruit kebobs and the innards for the tea sandwhiches we served the next day. The kids watched a movie and drove Laurie's dachsund Abby crazy (they loved animals!).
Gabriela, Emilio & Natalie
The shower for Julia on Saturday was lovely with a good turn out of people, amazing food I might boast and lots of good conversation and reunions of old friends. We had such a nice time. My brother Andrew and his girlfriend Karen Rose took Emilio out to lunch, to the zoo, and to get gelato while the shower was going on. Gabi took a nap and then enjoyed the baby shower with me. She and Natalie (Jenny's daughter) looked darling in their matching summer dresses thanks to Laurie. Julia looked so beautiful pregnant and enjoyed her day as a mommy to be.
A feast!
Decorations including the Ducky themed diaper cake I made Julia.
Mommy to be Julia

Side view of her tummy, she's due in September.

Julia's three sisters, Lisa, Becca & Rachel made the cupcakes with fondant icing even.
Baby name game. Guests had to give Julia ideas for boy and girl names and she got to pick her favorite for each. The baby's sex and name are going to be a surprise!

Gabi enjoying mini cupcakes.

Katie & Jenny

Sabrina, Rachel & Julian

Natalie & Julia's sister Rachel

The Fab Four, Jenny, Me, Julia & Sabrina (Friends since elementary school and beyond)

Matching Girls, Gabriela & Natalie

Mommy & my girl
Saturday evening we drove out to my Grandma's house in Gresham for a wonderful homecooked meal and to stay the night. The kids had fun playing with Grammy's toys and getting spoiled with "bunny milk" (Hershey's strawberry flavoring for milk with a the rabbit on the side) the next morning at breakfast. Spending time with my Grandma is always sweet. I loved staying up late with her on Saturday night and listening to her stories and Godly wisdom. I failed to get pictures at Grandma's house, guess I was burned out after all those shower shots.
We drove back home on Sunday tired from a full weekend, but also with many nice memories of times with friends and family.

No comments: