Tuesday, May 20, 2008

BBQ

On Saturday evening we had a birthday bbq with some of our family and friends. We celebrated Gabi's birthday and she was so excited to get more birthday gifts (she received just a couple on her actual birthday day). Emilio said he was going to cancel the party because he was tired of us drawing out her birthday over a few weeks, but when I told him I thought he might be getting a little surprise too (water swords from Nonno and Nana), he decided to keep the party on schedule.

The day was beautiful for a bbq and my mom cleaned our backyard up nicely (mowing and edging...thanks Mom!) while I planted some flowers in pots to make it look nice as well. We made BBQ chicken, a big green salad, fruit salad, Emily made a SW potato salad, bread, chocolate and strawberry cakes. The kids played in the wading pool and some of the guys enjoyed a water balloon toss in the alley way. It was a fun evening.



















2 comments:

heather said...

Cute, cute, cute!!
Gabi's hair looks suddenly so long to me!

And how funny; I did almost that EXACT same cake for Savannah's b-day last year!! (sprees and fruit by the foot, right?!) We really do have many of the same tastes! :)

Rach Fairchild said...

wow girl...when you catch up on posting you really catch up :)
Glad to hear you had such a great birthday and so did Gabbi! I love her new Big girl bed!