I volunteered for the job of putting together the kindergarten scrapbooks this year for Emilio's class. His teacher assigns a parent to help every year with it because it is such a big job. Throughout the year his teacher would send home different works of art that the class had put together and I checked each child's project off the list, and put everything in my trusty plastic tub. The week before the scrapbooks were due, I stayed up late (past midnight 3 nights in a row) preparing all the embellishments, pictures and projects for each scrapbook. Needless to say, the scrapbooks took a LOT longer than I thought to prepare. Thankfully, on a Friday night in early June, four of my closest kinder mom friends came over, and we enjoyed munchies, and wine, and gab while we put all twenty books together. It took us until midnight to finish, but they turned out wonderfully, and I never would have finished without the help of my lovely friends. I think the teacher and the children were very pleased with their keepsake as well. I hinted to Emilio's teacher, who we have just loved this year by the way, that if Gabi were to get her next year, I could do the scrapbooks for her again.
hint, hint! She said she only wished she had pull in that decision. Darn,...... I tried.
 |
| My attempt at organizing all the crafts for my "work party." |
Emilio's book, everybody else had a similar book.
 |
| Emilio's teacher made a great powerpoint to music of all sorts of memories from the year for each child that we slipped in this envelope. |
 |
| on the last day of school all the children signed their autograph on each book. |
No comments:
Post a Comment