Friday, March 4, 2011

Organization Freak!

I love organizing!  I have since I was a little girl.  I have fond memories of my Grammy staying with us while my parents were away one weekend when I was young, and she taught me how to organize my mom's linen closet for her.  I felt so proud.  Now, just because I like to be organized, clean, and have everything in its own little place, doesn't mean I don't struggle keeping it that way,  especially with three kiddos reeking havoc on this home of ours.  Plus, I admit, I can get a little lazy about putting things back every once in a while. 
Gabi and Luci's hair accessories have been DRIVING ME CRAZY lately.  I try to have the drawer organized, but it gets out of hand so easily.  Last weekend I was searching around online for an easy solution to my dilemma that would be very inexpensive, and I found one.  So, here is the before pictures of the hair thingies.
So difficult to find anything!

Craziness!


And, the after pictures after using Ziploc baggies to organize by COLOR!
Now that's more like it!

This little box is only for combs/brushes now.
Ahhhhh, so much better, and easy to keep this way so far!

2 comments:

Stephanie Rawlins said...

Brilliant!!! Nice to hear confessions from another Organization Freak ;)

Amber said...

pretty awesome, christina! i'm totally with ya on the hair accessories getting out of hand=) for a little while i had all the barettes hanging on cute ribbons so that i could always find a pair but, with two girls (u know how it is!) the amount we accumulated was greater than the space for the ribbons! then someone told me about those cases they have for beads and those work great too=)