Wednesday, March 17, 2010

green green is the color I see

I'm not quite sure why we are so excited about St. Patrick's Day today, if we are at all Irish, which I'm not sure we are or not, it is a small amount. I think it is just fun to have a "green" theme for the day. So, we started out this morning donning our green attire, and made green whole wheat pancakes and kiwi for breakfast.
My three little leprechauns!
Green Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes



Emilio had a fun day at preschool doing St. Paddy's Day crafts and eating green eggs and ham while celebrating Dr. Seuss's birthday as well. Gabi, Luci and I ran errands for Luci's birthday coming up. Gabi kept calling out the different customers in Michaels, Old Navy, and REI who weren't wearing green, educating them that it is ST.PADDY'S DAY after all, and they will get pinched if they aren't careful. She struck up a long conversation in the Fred Meyer's checkout line with a little girl about her age named Ruby who was decked out head to toe in green and shamrocks. They would have so been fast friends had they had the chance, as both had an eclectic style of dress and seemed like two peas in a pod.

When we got home from picking Emilio up, we enjoyed Annie's Mac n' Cheese (and made it green of course) with cucumbers and pears (green too). We also made up these Rainbow Cupcakes, which don't only include green but all the colors of the rainbow which make them look so festive and appealing. We've made up a few plates for some friends in the neighborhood (because we all know we don't need ALL 24 cupcakes from the batch to ourselves) to pass out later.






Emilio has really gotten into the spirit and has started drawing leprechauns and even created a cute little story about a leprechaun in a handmade booklet. So sweet. We shall see what dinner will consist of for the night, maybe something.........green?!? Anyway, Happy St. Patrick's Day friends!!!


P.S. Last year at this time, I was as big as a blimp, waiting to meet my new baby anyday. I can't believe Luci is going to be 1 years old on Monday. Time really does fly. I will be updating about the festivities in the next week or so.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

fun to see all your green spirited festivities today!

Amber said...

Hey Christina, sounds like you guys had an exciting green day! I'm just trying to make it through the week since the kids are on spring break this week=) I hope that little Luci has a wonderful birthday...wow one already. I can't believe how fast the time goes. Enjoy your weekend! We miss you guys=)

Rach Fairchild said...

I love St Patty's Day. My mom's side is Irish and it is the day after my birthday so it has always been a fun day for me. I am glad you all had a good day. Its a fun reason to turn everything green! :) It reminds me of the weekend we came up to Chicago to visit and I wanted to see the green river. Haha, that was not a very fun time with the nasty cold weather :)