Here are a few photos I snapped:



Emilio loved receiving all the Valentine's from the kids in class. He didn't quite understand why the girls were giving him Barbie, Hanna Montana, and Princess Valentines, so I had to explain that girls usually like to pick out "girly" valentines and boys like to pick out "boy" ones. I think he didn't get the concept very well because we made our own this year. Oh well.
I have to say that I've never been big on Valentine's Day as a romantic day, but have always enjoyed the fun things there are to do with kids around this "Hallmark Holiday." I loved celebrating with the students in my classrooms when I used to teach. There are always lots of great crafts to do, and no matter whether I was in a relationship or not, I was guaranteed at least 25 cartoony Valentines from my students. I even had a student named Pablo one year write on his Valentine to me, "I think you are gorgis." I thought it was so sweet. He was a second language learner, so although "gorgeous" was spelled incorrectly, I was proud of him for using such a sophisticated vocabulary word.
Now that I have children, I'm having lots of fun with the holiday as well. We are especially looking forward to our Valentine's party tomorrow with my small group friends and their kids. Be looking for pictures of that soon.
1 comment:
So cute! I loved the story of the "gorgis" valentine! I was so proud of Ainsley for printing all of her classmates names on her valentines this year! It is amazing how much they are progressing day by day...pretty soon they will be in elementary school, can you believe it?!
Post a Comment