Saturday, February 14, 2009

Me and My Valentine

I got this idea from Heather and thought I'd join in.

me and my valentine
What are your middle names?
Gerrard/Joy

How long have you been together?
Married 6 1/2 years, together for 7 1/2.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
about 2 1/2 months

Who asked who out?
I actually offered him a ride to our small group, he called me the next week and took me up on my offer (even though he had another option for a ride). He then asked me out the following weekend.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
Mine since we only live 7 miles from one of my bro's and 3 hours from the other. His sis is in Ilinois now.

Do you have any children together?
Two, almost 3......5 weeks until we meet our new baby.

What about pets?
Nope, I'm allergic to most furry creatures.

Did you go to the same school?
no, I went to Pacific, he went to U of Illinois.

Who is the most sensitive?
That's me.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
when we get to have dates we usually like to try places we haven't been before, often brewpub type restuarants, or fun italian places.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Went to Costa Rica for our honeymoon and Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for a vacation in 2004.

Who has the craziest exes?
I guess both of us had at least one semi-crazy one, I don't know.

Who has the worst temper?
He, especially in traffic situations.

Who does the cooking?
Me! John is a very intelligent guy, but not confidant in the kitchen by any means.

Who is more social?
ME! I'm the extrovert, he's the introvert.

Who is the neat freak?
Me, I like to have things clean and organized most of the time.

Who is the most stubborn?
I think him, but he might disagree.

Who hogs the bed?
Neither, but he says I hog the blankets.

Who wakes up earlier?
On weekdays, he does (5:30 a.m.), on weekends, me.

Where was your first date?
Took a walk over the bridges in downtown Portland, went to the Rose Festival carnival, and ended up at Red Robin for appetizers.

Who has the bigger family?
Immediate family? Me, I have two siblings, he has one. Extended? He does. His dad comes from a family of 11 children so there are a bunch of aunts, uncles and cousins. Big Italian Family!

Do you get flowers often?
In the spring/summer he sometimes surprises me with bouquets from Pike Place. Not super often though.

How long did it take to get serious?
Only about 3 months I guess.

Who eats more?
We are usually even in the eating category, although he can hound homemade cookies!

Who sings better?
Me, but he can carry a tune.

Who does the laundry?
I do, it is the least I can do when he is working so hard and going to school.

Who’s better with the computer?
He is a computer geru as far as I'm concerned.

Who drives when you are together?
Mostly he does.

Who picks where you go to dinner?
Mutual decision, usually.

Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?
Me. I don't like strife and usually try and mend things quickly. He likes to ponder things for a little while.

Who wears the pants in the relationship?
He does.

Who has more tattoos?
Neither of us have any.

Who cries more?
That would be me.

Who eats more sweets?
We both have a sweet tooth. Although I love candy, he probably eats more snacks.

No comments: