Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Preschool Pumpkin Farm Fieldtrip

Last Thursday Gabi and I chaperoned Emilio's first official fieldtrip with preschool to Thommason Farms in Enumclaw, WA. It was a cold foggy morning, but the rain held out for us, thankfully. The kids enjoyed playing in the kiddy section, jumping in the corn box (like a humongous sandbox only with corn kernals), going down the slide into the corn maze, seeing the farm animals, and going on the hay ride. My camera died after picture, so most of the these shots are courtesy of my friend Susanne (thanks!).
Some of the children in Emilio's class plus his little sis.

Lil' miss piggie herself. If I haven't mentioned it before on here, Gabi is obsessed with pigs, and thinks she is one. The other night I cradled her in my arms and she said, "I'm not a baby anymore mama." I replied, "I'm just pretending." She yelled back, "I"M NOT, I"M A PIG!" Anyway, it is a little obsessive compulsive if you ask me, especially because she oinks back at me all of the time.

Here she is standing in front of the pigs, after admiring them for 5 minutes. She's yelling, "Pink Piggies," in the picture.
Rope em' cowboy!

Working as a team to get the duckie to swim.

The kids got to pick out two small sugar pumpkins to take home after their adventures on the farm.

No comments: