Monday, October 24, 2011

Conference Survival Kit

This week is conference week at our school!  Because I understand how tough conference week can be on a teacher (after experiencing it myself) I decided to bless the kids teachers by preparing Conference Survival Kits for them with the help of other classroom moms.  I gathered money and a friend and I put these together. 
We had 9 moms give $5 dollars each for the kinder teacher!  
 
Conferences Survival Kit
           Focus & Energy Vitamin Waters – hydration is key
·        $5 Starbucks Card – a quick pick me up
·        Ghirardelli Chocolates – a sweet energizer
·        Tylenol – for headaches after those long days
·        Hand Sanitizer – for keeping your hands germ free after all those handshakes
·        Lotion – to keep those hands moisturized in this changing weather.
·        Burt’s Bees Chapstick – all that talking can chap those lips. 
·        Fuzzy Socks – for relaxing after all your hard work. 
·        Kashi Pumpkin Pecan Bars – an easy yummy snack. 
·        Altoids Mints – a quick freshener. 
·        Designer Pens- you never know when you need a writing utensil. 
·        Polka Dot box- for storing anything you want! 

We hope you enjoy your survival kit as you meet with each student and their families next week!  We are so appreciative of your hard work with our children so far this year.  Thank you!

Jamie (Max’s mom)
Susan (Rooney’s mom)
Lisa (Quinton’s mom)
Courtney (Jack’s mom)
Kathy (Melanie’s mom)
Kristin (Taylor’s mom)
Kelly (Kitana’s mom)
Jenny (Danielle’s mom)
Christina (Gabriela’s mom)

Here is the one for E's first grade teacher.  Only three moms participated, but it still turned out cute!

Here
 We had a lot of fun putting these together.  We presented them to the teachers last Friday and they were both extremely blessed!  It is fun to spoil teachers who work really hard!




2 comments:

The Mendes Family said...

What a great idea! I would have loved one of these during conference week! You are so creative! :)

Amber said...

LOVE,LOVE, LOVE the idea Christina! We have conferences the week of Thanksgiving so I have a few weeks to gather some materials. Unfortunately, I think I'm on my own as I don't think anyone would really partcipate @ Z and Ains' school. But I don't mind because I've been there too and both of their teachers are wonderful! Thanks again for the idea and HELLO from ABQ=)