Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Birthday! (and Mother's Day too!)

Gabi brought Marshmallow Pops to preschool for her birthday!
Today, my Gabriela Joy turns one whole hand old, that's 5 years old people!  How did this happen?  She is one bright light in our life and has brought us so much JOY.  We get lost in those big browns of hers, and love to watch her independent, bohemian, daydreaming self frolic outside, picking dandelions for hours.  She is the cutest little skipper around (she finally learned this skill recently), and loves to flit about and dance to music, while singing!  She also spends much of her day creating artistic collages with color, scissors, glue, and stickers. A Princess dress is her usual uniform, and she also happens to be the snuggliest little bug in town (touch, is definitely her love language).  We are so thankful for our Gabi girl, and can't wait to see the kind of person she develops to be with each passing year.  We love you Gabi......Happy Birthday sweetie!

---I'll post her "Bakery Birthday Party" pictures soon.
p.s.  Happy Mother's Day!  I feel so thankful to have learned from some of the best, my so very special Mama, and my Grammy.  I also feel very thankful for a wonderful Mother in law! You are all loved!

2 comments:

Rach Fairchild said...

Wow!!! 5 already, I cannot believe it! Sniff, Sniff! Madeline turns 1 on Thursday - tripple sniffles!

Lisa Patterson said...

Happy Mothers Day Christina! I don't know if it will work out for us to stop by while we are in town. I will call you when I know more of the schedule, but I think we will be on Whidbey mostly and spending time at Pike Place for some of Friday, It is going to be pretty busy. I miss you tons! We'll be in touch!