Monday, November 22, 2010

A Sleepless Night

On Halloween night my brother Michael and I were texting about our nights with the kids, and he mentioned, "So, are you ready to come watch my kids." I replied, "Why, is Emily having contractions?" You see Emily was pregnant and ready to give birth to their new baby soon. Michael texted back and said, "No, but you never know."

That night I decided to go to bed a little earlier, and I put my shoes by my bed, which I never do. It took quite some time for me to get to sleep that night, I was thinking about my sister in law, and feeling like this might be the night for her. I finally fell asleep praying for her. At 1:30 that morning, I was woken up by my cell phone ringing, and my brother was on the other side, saying it was in fact TIME!!!
I was instantly awake and drove the 15 mins over to their house. Emily was doing well, but they thought they should get going because her previous labor had been FAST. I prayed for them, and told my brother to keep me posted. I couldn't sleep a wink the rest of the night as I wondered what God would be blessing them with....a boy or a girl?!?! My brother texted me throughout the night with play by plays. Finally around 4, he texted and said Emilio was fully dilated. By 4:30, she gave birth to a beautiful baby GIRL.
I woke my nephew and niece up around 5 so I could take them back to my house before John had to leave for work at 5:30. My kids and their cousins had fun hanging out that morning before school. After we dropped Gabi off, we got to go meet sweet Eliana Marie for the first time. We went back that night with John, Gabi and the rest of us to say hi again and bring Michael and Emily dinner. It was a wonderful, tiring night and day, but so worth it.

No comments: