Monday, November 22, 2010

November Goodies

  • My parents came up from Portland with my Aunt Kathe who was visiting from CA the weekend after my new niece Eliana was born. We had a fun weekend of going out to a delicious breakfast, playing games, and visiting.
  • John's parents came from Chicago last weekend. We hadn't seen them since July, so it was a nice reunion with Grandpa and Grandma. We played lots of games....I taught them Rummikub this time (had bought it for $2 at a garage sale this summer because I remember playing it with my family growing up and liking it). We did some Christmas shopping, worked our groove things on the Dance Wii II we got for Sharon for her birthday, and had a great family get together with some of John's aunts, uncles and cousins at our place on Saturday night.
  • I've been getting lots of Christmas shopping done online already. It is one of the best ways for me to do it what with little time away from three energetic kids, who would surely be peaking into the cart now if I was shopping with them.
  • We are looking forward to time spent with my family for Thanksgiving this week.
  • Oh, and today we got out first snow of 2010. It is pretty, but I'm somewhat of a Grinch when snow arrives because I don't like how impossible it is to get around when it happens. And, therefore, most of our plans get cancelled when it snows. But, the kids love it!

1 comment:

Amber said...

so awesome...i'm a little jealous! although the leaves in the backyard have been steadily falling like snow all day=) great pics! have a wonderful thanksgiving!!!