Friday, January 22, 2010

Another world

Whenever Emilio talks about his sets of grandparents, he refers to them as living in "another world." This is because both sets live in different states, and no matter how often we remind him they are called, "states," he still likes to say, "in your world Grandpa, or your world Nana." So, we visited another "world" last weekend. We headed down to Portland on Friday to spend the holiday weekend with my parents. John went on a backpacking trip with a buddy, so we knew he'd be off having his own fun adventure.
The kids enjoyed playing with my Mom's daycare children, and we took a walk to the neighborhood park together.




On Friday night a small group of friends that I grew up with and whom I've reconnected with on Facebook came over for a girls night. Several of the girls are my close friends, but a few others I hadn't seen in a really long time. We had a great time catching up.


We got together with extended family on Saturday night for some rounds of Hand and Foot, and also taught everyone how to play Just Dance on the Wii. We had so much fun, and my Grandma got a kick out of watching us all shake it for the dance game.
On Sunday, the older kids got to go to a friend's birthday party at a bowling alley. It was their first time bowling (besides the Wii). They didn't have a ton of power to get the ball down the lane, so it was quite comical most of the time, but they had fun.









We spent quality time Nonno and Nanna and Uncle Andrew and Aunt Karen Rose over the weekend.
Luci's first magic carpet ride from Nonno.
I got to catch up with my friend Tessa and her girls, and I got to take a Zumba class with my mom at her gym. Was that ever fun? I think I found something I want to pursue in the future....teaching Zumba!

Anyway, it was a great trip as always.

1 comment:

Stephanie Rawlins said...

your kids are adorable (as always)! always love to hear the new things they come up with to say, too :)