Monday, September 22, 2008

4 nights and counting...

So, Gabi has gone 4 nights/naptimes without her "paci." It is taking her longer to fall asleep now, we hear her in there singing and talking loudly for over an hour sometimes, but she eventually falls asleep. It is amazing! I did catch her looking in the bathroom garbage (where she initially threw her pacifier away) on Friday. I asked her what she was doing and she slammed the cabinet closed and just looked at me with a guilty look on her face. I said, "Are you looking for your paci?" She said, "yeah," as I proceeded to tell her the garbage man already had taken it away (I was too smart for her and had taken it out immediatly after she threw it away the first evening knowing she may come back looking for it). The poor garbage man gets the blame, and we have a really nice one too. Anyway, she still asks about it sometimes but often says, "I don't need a paci anymore, I frew it in da gabage." I'm so proud of her.

We had a busy weekend.....
* My parents came up and brought Emilio's friend Esabella with them. He had his first sleepover with a friend....and a girl at that! :)
* Emilio had his 4th birthday party at the Bouncy Place.
* We had a girls night out and saw the SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE tour at the Tacomadome.
* We attended another child's 3rd birthday that was carnival style, the kids even got to ride a pony!

Obviously I have a lot of fun pictures to post of the weekend and will get to that in the next few days. In the meantime, I need to finish a lyrical jazz routine that I'm choreographing and need to teach in Portland on Thursday and Friday evening of this week to the Grant High School Dance team (my alma mater!), so I've got some work to do. Ciao.

1 comment:

Amber said...

So cute...'i frew it in da garbage!' I love it! I'm so happy for her and for you guys that she has given up her paci. I have seen far too many older children hanging on to that thing for dear life! At least you guys only let her have it when she was going to sleep. Sometime you ought to sit outside her door one night and record her singing and talking. I did that with Ainsley once and it's a pretty funny thing to have for later.