So last night we had a really fun time over at Michael and Emily's house. We tried out all these great Thanksgiving day recipes from this month's Cooking Light magazine, so you could say it was a psuedo Thanksgiving meal! I know, some might think this is crazy, but Michael, Emily and I just love trying new recipes, not to mention eating them, and John likes to join in on the eating part too. After getting the kids in bed at their house we put on Evan Almighty because they had it from Netflix. We all ended up falling asleep at some point in the movie (not as good as the first, Bruce Almighty), except for little Emilio who happened to be watching the movie from the stairwell (little did we know). He was quite upset that we hadn't invited him down in the firstplace. Anyway, he stayed up way to late and was tired today because of it. As we were driving home after church and lunch today he fell asleep in the car for only about 5 minutes, but once he was in his own bed he was wide awake again! Uggghhhhh, you other moms know how this works, that's why we are usually seen driving with the windows down, singing at the top of our lungs, and passing snacks back in the car....because a lot of kids don't transfer from being asleep in the car to their bed well. Anyway, it was frustrating and he was whiny and melting down about everything the rest of the afternoon. So tonight I decided to try my double jogger stroller out (my mom picked it up at a garage sale for me, needless to say, if I add one more stroller to our total count of, uh, I think it is 7 now, John will not be happy!) Anyway, John had to get some work down, so I bundled the kids up and took them out for some fresh air and exercise for me (pushing two kids up all these hills ain't easy). Well, this is what happens when my child stays up way too late, and doesn't take a nap the next day..................

ZONKED OUT AT 5 P.M.! I should have known when I didn't hear him chatter boxing away in the stroller (he's usually talking a mile a minute on walks). I was sorry to do it to him, but I had to take him home and wake him up because I don't want him being up all night tonight. Poor little sleepy guy.


PEEK A BOO GABI!

OF COURSE THIS TIME HE TRANSFERS JUST FINE, STAYS SOUND ASLEEP.

HAPPY GIRL!
3 comments:
Don't you just hate that...falling asleep when you don't want them to and where you don't want them to! Ainsley was boycotting her nap yesterday and finally fell asleep about the time she would normally be waking up. I went in and woke her up, talked to her, left the room and she feel asleep again! Never a dull moment!
sorry about the deletion...my comment posted twice so i got rid of it! =0)
Post a Comment