Friday, March 30, 2012

Luci's 3rd Birthday

I think it is time to be honest and say, I'm failing at this blog thing.  It has been since Valentine's since I last posted.  But, because I have a fun occasion to write about and show pictures from, I've decided to get my act together just this once (at least for the month of March!).
Last Thursday was Luci's birthday.  She turned 3!  My baby is now 3....crazy!  We are so thankful for her in our family, and love her sweet/spicy personality. 
Luci had to endure a dr's visit on her birthday, where she got a new book (our Dr. gives out a book for each well child visit...cool huh?), and a shot.  She wasn't too wild about that part, but the sugarfree lollipop made it all better.  That evening we all went out to Chipotle, simple and easy, and then took Luci to Build-a-Bear to pick out a friend.  Our older two have had this experience before, but Luci hadn't, so we thought she would enjoy it.  And enjoy it she did.  She immediately set her eyes on a DUCK (actually it was a yellow chick, but we went along with duck for her).  She loved stuffing it, putting a heart from each family member inside, and washing her new friend.  She picked out a fancy party dress for her, and shoes as well, and named her Mazie.  She has been by her side pretty much the entire week.  We finished up the evening by going to PinkaBella cupcakes for a treat, and a romp in the play area at Bellevue Square.  It was a fun evening.
The next day while my older two were at school (they were so not happy about missing her party, but I knew if we had it after school, we would have had a gazillion older siblings at the party as well), we had Luci's Mickey/Minnie birthday party.  She had several little friends over with their mamas.  We read a book about Mickey's birthday, made a O'Toodles craft, danced to Mickey toons, played Duck Duck Donald, ate lunch, presents, and cupcakes.  Here are some photos from our morning. 

















No comments: