Thursday, April 7, 2011

Alive and well

Hello Friends!  Just a quick update to let you know, we are doing fine.  A few weeks ago, John went to Spain for a law school class (I know, tough place to have a class, huh?), and he took my camera with him.  So, I was left without a way to capture our highlights.  It worked out perfectly, that the week John was gone, my mom had been planning on coming to stay with us (she's made it a tradition the last several years to come up on her spring break).  My Dad was able to join us on the weekends, and my brother Andrew and his wife Karen Rose even came for a few days.  So, as much as we missed John, my family helped us pass the time quickly.  Here's what we did while he was away;
  • My mom taught my sisters in law and I how to sew!  We made summer dresses for the girls, and they turned out so cute.  
  • We made darling button bouquets.  (I'll have to take a picture and post it).
  • We worked out at my gym together.  
  • The bunk bed we ordered the girls arrived in the mail, and my brothers put it together for us.  
  • Luci turned 2 years old, and we celebrated her birthday along with my Dad's. 
  • We took care of sick kiddos, Gabi had been on antibiotics for an ear infection, Luci got diagnosed with one on her birthday at her well child checkup, and Emilio became very sick with strep throat later in the week.  Thank goodness for Amoxillin.  
  • We made a late night Ikea run without kids (thanks to my Dad), and found some treasures for Gabi's birthday coming next month.  
It was a great time!  On Sunday, after my family had left, the kids and I made a "Welcome Home Daddy!," poster.  I had them get into their pajamas before we headed out to the airport that night to pick him up.  The kids stood their in their pj's with their poster, and waited for their Daddy to come up the escalator, and we got SO MANY SMILES from passerbyers.  It really was fun to see how they made so many people light up that evening.  We had a great reunion with Daddy too!  The kids were also really happy with their little treasures that he brought home from Spain for them.  Emilio got a red "bull" shirt, Gabi got a beautiful Flamenco fan, and Luci got castanets.  I got a tiny mosaic bull that looks great in my kitchen.  We were glad to have him home with us!

No comments: