Sunday, July 15, 2007

First Timer

So, this is the first time I've tried blogging. Thought I'd give it a try after admiring others from some mamas I know. I also thought it might be a cool way to keep in touch with all my friends and family around the country. We've moved so much in the last few years that my heart is in lots of different places. Of course my hometown is Portland, Or but we moved to Albuquerque, NM right after we were married 5 years ago. We were there 2 1/2 years and then headed to downtown Chicago, IL for 2 years. We most recently moved back to the beautiful Pacific Northwest. We are in Renton, WA now and have the most social neighborhood ever. God really blessed us with our new house and the area we are in. There is also hiking a few blocks from our house. It is so cool cause after dinner sometimes we will just put the kids in the jogging strollers (we recently purchased a $30 dollar one at a garage sale because John didn't like carrying Gabi on his back in the Kelty backpack anymore....too heavy!) and we are in the forest in a matter of minutes. We saw two owls a few weeks ago while on an evening hike. They soared above us and landed on some tree branches and just stared at us. It was awesome. We see a lot of wildlife around here. The other night we were looking out Emilio's bedroom window, it faces the back of our house where our garage is and an alley way with a grassy hill behind it. Emilio said, "I see a pony." John and I thought he must have been imagining things, but then John looked a little closer and said, "That's not a pony, it is a deer." Bambi was just grazing away in our alley way. It was very fun. They next day we saw a doe and her two babies walk right down the alley way as well. We've also seen a bald eagle fly over our heads as the kids were in their wading pool in the backyard. It is pretty fun to see the nature all around us. We also have a view of Mt. Rainier from our den window. Pretty cool. Missed the mountains while I was away. I 'm 12 minutes from my sis in law Emily now who is such a dear friend of mine. We hang out often with the kiddos going to story times, swim lessons, playgroups, etc. Anyway, I'm signing off for now. I have loads of laundry to catch up on. Fun, fun, fun!

Our Cute New House!

1 comment:

heather said...

Hey Christina!
Of course I remember you!! And it's so good to hear from you and to hear that you still keep tabs on us now and then! Thanks for the comment and for directing us over here!
So exciting that you started a blog... I'm sure you'll have fun with it. You're off to a great start! Your kids are adorable and I can't wait to "get to know you better"!

Ryan's little sister is getting married in Sept and we will be in Portland for three weeks, so maybe if you're going to be down around then to see your family, we could work something out to meet up for a bit. I'm sure the kids would all have fun playing together.

Anyway, I'm very excited about this new opportunity to keep in touch a little better! Welcome to the blogging world!! :)